Quality improvement (QI) doesn’t require any special skills or complex methodologies, more than anything it takes an attitude and an outlook of being perpetually curious.
But for anyone who is looking to get started, or to learn more about putting the theories of QI into practice, we have some resources that we hope you will find useful:
- The ‘Be the Change’ mobile app is now available with lots of great content, resources and updates
- The ‘Model for Improvement’ was developed by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) and is a really effective tool for making improvements on any scale
- A ‘Plan-Do-Study-Act’ cycle is a simple tool to help test changes in the real world, adapting and improving as you go
- We have created a really simple template for a run chart which you can read more about and download here
- The IHI Open School is a great resource and you can find out more about it here
There are also a few tips on some specific subjects for anyone leading a QI project.